[TriLUG] Please help with source code extraction or location...

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Mon Jun 2 08:02:51 EDT 2003

On Sunday 01 June 2003 10:09 pm, Dr. David Johnson wrote:
> Seems like a lot of steps. First
> I found I needed source code for the kernel on my machine.
> Hey no problem I used the Mandrake RPM manager to install the
> kernel sources, and confirmed the path so I could specify this
> correctly in the the make config for the wireless card driver.
> But I found it also needed the sources for the pcmcia drivers.
> I did already install this package from the RPM manager, but I
> don't think (or don't know) this also gave me the sources.

The kernel source should contain the source code for all the drivers currently
supported by that kernel, pcmcia included.

For example, in this MDK box:

[me at here home]$ rpm -ql kernel-source-2.4.19-32mdk | grep -i pcmcia | wc
    130     130    7320
[me at here home]$

That is, there's 130 files inside the kernel/source. So most probably you can
just keep going ahead at full speed.

Good luck and see you at TriLUG!

Salut,
Sinner
--
Stallman Reads my Tutorials! http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/Steel/rms.html
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux User # 89976