[TriLUG] Setting thread scheduling policy

P. L. Charles Fischer fischer at zedec.com
Mon Jun 2 10:43:51 EDT 2003

I have a program that works great as long as I can set the thread
scheduling policy to real time round robin (SCHED_RR), and set the thread
priority. I can do this as super user, but would like a non-su to be able
to run the program as well.

So the question is can I set the default scheduling policy to round robin?
Or can I give a program or user the ability to set scheduling policy and
priority without giving it/them full su privileges? I come from the VMS
world where this is easy, but have not had to do it in Linux yet.

I am running RH 9.0 on a duel 800 MHz P-III system.

Thanks
Charles Fischer