[TriLUG] RPM sources and ham radio

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 3 17:03:10 EDT 2003

Check Freshmeat for lots of Linux amateur radio programs. The last time I
was there there was a whole section devoted solely to amateur radio
software. There are PK31 programs, antenna software, loggers, and just about
anything you can think of . The only ones not there were those programs
which are written by Icom, Kenwood, etc. (in other words, the software
created by "the corporate suits". Actually, Wayne Green (ed. of  73
magazine) wrote an article in 73 several years ago in which he argued that
amateurs should be using Linux!!  :-)) --73, KQ4FP