[TriLUG] apache2 ssl question

Ian Zhang ianhzhang at netscape.net
Wed Jun 4 15:37:05 EDT 2003

I am trying to install apache and ssl on my RedHat 8.
The apache I am using is httpd-2.0.46.tar.gz.  The openssl I am using is
:openssl-0.9.7b.tar.gz .

The steps I installed openssl are:
tar zxvf openssl-0.9.7b.tar.gz
cd openssl-0.9.7b

./config
make test
make install

The steps I installed apache are:
tar zxvf httpd-2.0.46.tar.gz
cd httpd-2.0.46

./configure --enable-mods-shared=all --enable-ssl
make
make install

Question:  when I start apache like this,  I got following error.

[root at localhost apache2]# bin/apachectl startssl
Syntax error on line 249 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so: undefined symbol: X509_free

Thanks,
Ian