[TriLUG] i need a fix cuz i'm going down with mount

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Thu Jun 5 09:03:16 EDT 2003

i just noticed the samba share i had created did not retain functionality following a re-boot after that little kernel update yesterday.  what up wiff dat?

is the syntax for smbmount able to use -username/winders-domain%winders-password?  is there a way to pass parameters given linux username/password=winders username/password?

ethereal revealed passwords in plain text flying across the network.  not cool.  big time security risk.  who's got the remedy?