[TriLUG] MP3 ID3 tag removal

Jeff Jackowski jeffj1 at hiwaay.net
Thu Jun 5 18:07:20 EDT 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, bp wrote:

>Jeff Jackowski wrote:
>
>>Is there a command line program that will remove ID3 tags from MP3 files?
>>
>Could I ask why?  Just curious.  It's rare that some actually want to
>remove data from something like an ID3 tag...

I have a custom made MPEG audio player in my car that is having trouble.
Sometimes it seems like the problem is some new data, namely the track
number, in the ID3 tag that didn't exist when I put the player togther.
Other times it seems like it is a power supply problem. Other times it
seems like a transient problem. It is a strange problem that I'm having a
great deal of trouble fixing.

 --
Jeff Jackowski
        http://ro.com/~jeffj/