[TriLUG] Sendmail config / help.

Steven G Blanchard sgblanch at email.unc.edu
Sun Jun 8 19:25:22 EDT 2003

Well, after much searching and beating my head against a wall, I have
found the answer. It has to do with the way sendmail 8.12 works: the split
between the MTA and the MSP (mail submission process). It needs a
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf and a /etc/mail/submit.cf. For now, I am using the
same file for both and everything works as I want it to. I thought I would
put it on the record if anyone else runs across the same problem.

new sendmail.mc file used to create sendmail.cf and submit.cf
-----

include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')
define(`confCF_VERSION',`Submit')
define(`__OSTYPE__',`')
define(`confTIME_ZONE',`USE_TZ')
define(`confDONT_INIT_GROUPS',`True')