[TriLUG] RedHat 7.3-->9 upgrade question

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 10 12:34:13 EDT 2003

My home server is currently on RH 7.3.  I use it as a firewall,
wireless gateway and web/mail server...so besides the core kernel
and network functions, I use Apache, Postfix and Mailman.  I need
a feature in the latest release of Mailman - and the list of
required packages started to balloon very quickly.  So I guess
it's time for an upgrade.

I have 2 questions:
1) Should I upgrade to RH8 first?...or go straight to RH9?
2) Will I see a significant increase in resource requirements?
    The machine is a P-120 (yes, really!) with 96M.  Will the upgrade
    add new stuff or just upgrade the existing packages?  I've done
    upgrades before, but never paid too much attention, since the
    machines were not hardware-constrained.

TIA,
Chris

Chris Merrill