[TriLUG] reading camera data from jpg file

William Schulz sws at trilug.org
Tue Jun 10 12:48:30 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 12:43:38PM -0400, Daniel Monjar wrote:
> I have an Olympus digital camera... it apparently stores some 'extra'
> information in the jpeg file, stuff like time and date of shot, ISO used,
> etc...
>
> Is there a Linux app that will let me read that data?

Absolutely!  It's called EXIF data  and there are a slew of applications
and libraries to read the data [1].  Also, many photo gallery type
applications come with the ability to show that information along with
the image on the site.

Best,

SWS

[1] http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=exif&section=projects