[TriLUG] New member re-location question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 11 09:04:19 EDT 2003

On the other hand... Consulting work has been on the rise, and not just
the tiny one or two day jobs.  Businesses in the Triangle area seem to
be somewhat aware of Open Source alternatives - well at least they
listen when you call.

Not that I'm advocating more competition, but if you're heading down
this way and you're dead-set to work with OpenSource, then you might
want to hang out your consulting shingle for awhile.  Folks aren't
beating a path to my door, but they aren't throwing me out when I show
up to talk about migrating to Open Source solutions.

The savings to businesses that adopt Open Source are very real and
immediate and those kinds of results generate "word of mouth" which is a
funny phrase - but the best advertising you can get.

Good luck in whatever you decide -

Jon Carnes