[TriLUG] Re: Question about RedHat 9 install

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Thu Jun 12 07:34:38 EDT 2003

> [Jon Carnes]
> Matt, try the install using the jungle.metalab.unc.edu site (or the
> ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu site). I think they are setup properly to allow
> ftp installs directly from the sites.

many/most prob. already know this, but jungle's got a useful cname - a
tad easier to remember (for some, me included) and a few less
keystrokes :)

jmm at sublogic:/home/jmm> host distro.ibiblio.org
distro.ibiblio.org is an alias for jungle.metalab.unc.edu.
jungle.metalab.unc.edu has address 152.2.210.109

so you can hit http or ftp with the same path, too
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/redhat/9/en/os/i386/
 ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/redhat/9/en/os/i386/

prob. even better ones, just passing along the one I know :)
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4