[TriLUG] New member re-location question

Chris Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Thu Jun 12 22:51:03 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 10:32 PM, Patrick Williams wrote:

> If anyone is interested in doing something about this "who stole my
> career"
> scenario then they will have to gather enough votes to overcome the
> lobby
> money interests of big business.  Are you ready to take action or do
> you
> like selling shoes and french fries waiting for the recovery that will
> never
> come for us.

You give way too much credit to the politicians for the mess we're in.
And remember, evidence of the oncoming of hard times started becoming
very apparent weeks *before* the current president took office.  The
last one was pretty well entrenched when it became popular to move high
tech jobs to India.  Both of the big parties will screw you, make no
mistake.  Most of these guys have no special inside knowledge about how
to make things better for you & me.  The ones that really can make a
difference usually have a distaste for politics.