[TriLUG] help re:apache 1.3.22 and php 4.3.0 with postgrsql on SUSE

david grant davidgrant1944 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 11:52:37 EDT 2003

i am going to re-install postgresql it seems that the install directory is gone....(prob something i did....)

thanks
david

zzd <zzd at nc.rr.com> wrote:
On Tuesday June 10 2003 09:22 am, david grant wrote:
> thanks .... it did help...
> i removed my install of apache & php and reinstalled with a mod of
> your scripts....thanks...
>
> unfortunately the postgresql data base commands do not work ---the
> kpsql works but can not use pgsql commands within php???
>
> thanks again
> david

Did you compile the pg libs into php?

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pgsql.php

Installation

In order to enable PostgreSQL support, --with-pgsql[=DIR] is required
when you compile PHP. DIR is the PostgreSQL base install directory,
defaults to /usr/local/pgsql. If shared object module is available,
PostgreSQL module may be loaded using extension directive in php.ini or
dl() function.