[TriLUG] RV:

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Fri Jun 13 17:03:49 EDT 2003

Top is not a program that I'd run from cron. All of the information that
is given through the top command is available on the /proc file system.
Check that out to see if you can get the information you want directly
instead of a readout from top. If you insist on using cron, try setting
the TERM environment variable in your script. Set it to something like
vt100 or xterm or linux or whatever you'd like.

Joseph