[TriLUG] dhclient and iptables

BSmith bdsmith at nc.rr.com
Sat Jun 14 02:00:11 EDT 2003

I'm currently running Debian and I'm in the process of setting up iptables.
I seem to have run into a little problem, however. I would like to be able
to use my IP address in my rule set, but since my IP address is dished out
by a DHCP server every time I receive a new lease my old rule set is moot.
I was searching around for a bit and noticed that there is an option with
the pump DHCP client to execute a script anytime the client receives a new
DHCP lease. Is there a way to do something similar with dhclient or is
there another possible work around?

Thanks for the help.