[TriLUG] Employed/Unemployed Poll

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sat Jun 14 07:29:05 EDT 2003

Ability to learn = success in the IT field

Why?  Because it changes so fast.  Do IT professionals use stuff learned
from a formal education?  Maybe.  Not much.  Do IT pros need the
*methods* of learning acquired in a formal education?  Yes.  Those
methods may be acquired from the School of Hard Knocks as well.  The
formal education most definitely is a catalyst.

OT:  Latin was hands down the most difficult course I ever ran into in
Jr HS.  All those declensions and conjugations.  Geez.  Hannibal may
have crossed the Palatine Mountain; not in my back yard, though.

> It is late (for a father or a 9 month old) so I have gotten off the
> off-topic and will end now.

Congrats, daddy-o!  Let's get the children together chasing lightning
bugs in the back yard one day while the adults fire up the grill...