[TriLUG] BSD question

Merle Watts elremx2 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 16 14:48:27 EDT 2003

I was putting in freebsd 5.1

I had a similar problem at one time but I don't remember what I was doing.  I think it is going into a low resolution graphics mode and the monitor wont support it.  I remember I had to go into windows safe mode and raise my resolution about a year ago- Someting went wrong with windows and i got the same message on the monitor. It was trying to boot up in a low resolution.-

It may be trying to start the x configurator in a low res mode. I have no idea.

BSD seems to be installed and working ok.  I can log in as root, run sysinstall, change directories and all that stuff.

I'm mostly just trying to play with it.

I've had the best luck with mandrake so far.