[TriLUG] Re: Andrew Perrin's form question

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Jun 17 12:05:42 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 12:00, Magnus wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 11:51 AM, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
>
> > An imagemap would be cool.  Can an imagemap 'click' be used with
> > Javascript to update a text box like that?
>
> I think Javascript will give you a scroll widget, which solves
> everything.

No, there is no scroll widget in Javascript/HTML, which is the whole
problem.

> Not being a java head I could be completely wrong here.

Javascript is *NOT* Java!  Two completely different things.  Java is a
compiled, object-oriented programming lanugage that's compiled into
special bytecode, which is then normally executed by a Java virtual
machine.  It can be used for "Java applets" in web pages but also for
completely separate applications.

Javascript is a scripting language that works with HTML and web pages,
and is interpreted and executed by web browsers.  The only thing they
share is four letters of their name.

--Jeremy
--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |