[TriLUG] RTCW ET

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Tue Jun 17 15:59:04 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 03:29:56PM -0400, John F Davis wrote:
> Anybody play this game?  Maybe if we get enough interest we could setup a
> dedicated server.  Its free and it runs on linux better than it does on
> windows.

Yup, and it's quite slick. It needs a medium-fast PC for tolerable
framerates (make sure you adjusted \rate, too), and that deteriorates
when the number of players increases beyond the recommended max of 32.

[http://www.splashdamage.com/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=7
is the url for people who haven't tried it yet. It's ~258 MB.]

Dan Chen                crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
GPG key: www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc