[TriLUG] samba server on new domain?

Joselito Almario jalmario at intrah.org
Tue Jun 17 20:20:56 EDT 2003

We are going to put all of our users, an NT domain
controller and the Samba file server behind a firewall
everything behind the firewall will turn to a private ip
address as opposed to a public routable address, including
the Samba file server, and the NT domain controller.  I have
in the global settings:

security = domain
password server = [netbios name of domain controller]

Once change the ip addresses of both the domain controller
and the Samba server, will I need to rejoin it to the domain
with the smbpasswd -j ... command or make any other changes
to the smb.conf?

TIA

JoJo Almario
Network Administrator