[TriLUG] anyone want a freevo system?

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 18 11:09:47 EDT 2003

> From what I can tell the MythTV seems to be more focused on TV
> recording/playback. Which is fine with me because I am trying to build
> a diskless remote media player that gets all its data from another
> server. I hope to have a couple TV cards in the server recording shows
> for viewing on the media player.

I am interested in this as well.  My ultimate vision of a PVR also
includes the ability to store the bulk of the data on a server which
will house a bunch of large disks.

The idea of some kind of flat-screen, diskless media playback machine
is in the nirvana realm as far as my playback vision goes, but it sure
would be sweet.

Greg