[TriLUG] multiple IP from the same network card?

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Wed Jun 18 16:07:10 EDT 2003

Chris Merrill [cmerrill at nc.rr.com] wrote:

> Are you sure?  In Java, for instance, you can "bind" a socket to the
> IP address of your choice.  I assume this is supported on all platforms.

No, I'm not sure.  :)  Almost, though.  Like I said, I'm willing to be
proven wrong.  However, what kind of socket are you binding?  A server,
or client?  I can see that being supported for a server/listening
socket, but seems kinda odd for a client.

Try it, and let us know.

Mike
--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak