[TriLUG] Opening up a closed port

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Jun 19 10:58:18 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 10:51, Jerry M. Howell II wrote:
> Ok I know I should know how to do this
> but how do I open up a port thats closed.
> I have an app thats calling for port 3333.
> thnx.

Do you mean that you have a firewall running on your Linux server that's
blocking the port?

If so, you'll need to use the procedure documented by your firewall
script or program to allow access to that port.

What distribution, version, and firewall program are you using?

--Jeremy
--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |