[TriLUG] Downtime for moya.trilug.org and TriLUG cluster: Friday Jun 20, 7pm

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Jun 19 11:48:20 EDT 2003

Hello,

We will be performing some system maintenance tomorrow evening (Friday,
June 20th) on moya.trilug.org, the primary web, shell, and mail server
for the TriLUG cluster.  We will be ugprading the kernel and checking
some other things from single-user mode.   We will also be ugprading the
kernel on dargo, the mirror server.

The downtime will start at approximately 7pm and should last an hour or
less, however it could be more if we run into problems.

The following services will be affected:

TriLUG web site
Login shell accounts to any of the servers
TriLUG mail server 	(incoming mail will spool on the backup MX servers,
and will be delivered when the server comes back up)
TriLUG mailing lists
TriLUG FTP site

The communication service that will not be affected is IRC, becuase we
use the irc.freenode.net network for the #trilug IRC channel.  If you
need to get in touch with the sysadmins during the downtime, we will try
to be monitoring IRC.  However, note that those of you running screen
sessions on moya will lose your session when it reboots.

Thank you for your patience.

Jeremy Portzer

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |