[TriLUG] Web again: do something, then close browser

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Thu Jun 19 15:16:35 EDT 2003

Sorry, again, for the slightly OT.

On the survey page I'm working on, I open a new window to allow the
respondent to enter more entries in a list of organizational affiliations.
The idea is that s/he can enter as many as there are, then click a button
to return to the main survey.

It's trivial to make a button that will close the browser I've brought up
for this secondary screen. But what I need to do is have a button that
will first submit the data from the screen, *then* close the browser. Any
ideas? Effectively, I think what I need is code that a perl script can
send to a browser to close itself when the script is loaded.

Thanks for any advice.