[TriLUG] bzflag thermal runaway on wintel

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sat Jun 21 22:46:13 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 22:32, Jim Ray wrote:
> my wintel heated up and shut down during bzflag last night.  it was
> really cool.  i'm trying to install on rh-9 now.  once you double click
> on the rpm, how do you execute the code?

I assume you downloaded the binary RPM from www.bzflag.org, correct?
I'm not sure if double-clicking installs the RPM, but if it does so,
then you'll just need to run "bzflag" from the Run menu (or from a
terminal).

If that didn't seem to work, and you think the RPM isn't installed, you
can install the RPM at the command line with "rpm -Uvh
filename.i386.rpm".  Use "rpm -q bzflag" to check to see if it's
installed or not.

Also, what kind of video card do you have?  Sometimes some extra setup
is necessary to get 3D Acceleration working under Linux, which will make
bzflag play much better.

--Jeremy