[TriLUG] bzflag thermal runaway on wintel

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Jun 22 08:55:39 EDT 2003

I found this animal:
128MB GeForce4 MX440SE w/ TV Out, DDR $69

The teenie weenie power supply on one box wouldn't give up to go with 3d
bzflag graphics.  I'm wondering if I'd be better off building up another
box w/ 300W supply, super flammer turbo whapper and replacing my aging
4.7 MHz 8088.  I'd hate to waste a whole stick of butter fitting the
GeForce in the ISA slot.

On a more serious note, how do you switch apps from bzflag to evolution
or whatever?  Any way to run bz in a separate winder, uh, I mean X
session?