[TriLUG] anyone want a freevo system?

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 25 07:52:30 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 09:48 PM, Corey Mutter wrote:

> Why not set up an infrared transmitter using LIRC and have that change
> the
> channels on the DirecTV box?
>
> That's my plan for my MythTV... right now it gets input directly from
> the
> cable, but as soon as I can get the LIRC interface working (homebrew
> electronics, my skills in that area have atrophied) I'll have it change
> channels on my TWC digital cable box (so I can get the digital
> channels,
> and stereo sound instead of the mono from my WinTV card).
>
> Corey

That is exactly what I wanted to do originally, but I feared such a
thing was beyond my skill set (and I had no idea where to turn for help
in creating a IR transmitter with Linux drivers).

Let me know if you get it working.  I'm still collecting hardware to
build my Freevo system so I have even really started on the project yet.

Greg