[TriLUG] OT: bash scripting question

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Jun 25 15:50:59 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 15:43, Dan Monjar wrote:
> --On Wednesday, June 25, 2003 02:53:09 PM -0400 Chris Knowles
> <chrisk at trilug.org> wrote:
>
> > Well, darn.
> >
> > I thought I'd tried all the possible variations, but I used "now-N" or
> > "now+N"
> >
> > It's a shame that isn't documented in the man page.
> >
> > As always Jon, thanks,
> >
> > CJK
>
> it is, not in the man page but in the info page... try 'info date'

Yeah, lots of the GNU tools have great info pages with LOTS of tips and
tricks that aren't in the man pages.

I think I've said this before, but if you don't like info pages due to
the strange nature of the 'info' program, try 'pinfo'.  pinfo is
included in most distributions, although it may not be installed by
default.  Just apt-get or urpmi or up2date it.

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |