[TriLUG] [Fwd: Important Cox E-Mail Delivery Changes]

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 27 15:45:26 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 15:27, Chris Bullock wrote:
> I just got this from Cox. I am using postfix at home for my smtp but now
> cox is tring to block *any* smtp servers on their network except their
> own. Any ideas how how I can get around this. Would NAT do anything, or
> have I lost this battle already.
> --cgb

Well, you will need to setup your Postfix to use the Cox mail servers as
a "smart relay", all your outgoing mail will basically go to through
their servers.

Chris Hedemark's message from yesterday covered the exact details.

I hope this really does slow down the growth of Spam, though I am
*somewhat* skeptical.

Jon Carnes