Home servers on broadband (was Re: [TriLUG] [Fwd: Important Cox E-Mail Delivery Changes])

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Fri Jun 27 16:41:55 EDT 2003

AFAICT Earthlink doesn't have such a policy:

http://www.earthlink.net/about/bestbuy/

I use earthlink-over-TWC as my home internet provider and have been
generally happy with them. Note, though, that this discussion has moved
from disallowing direct mail delivery to running servers at home.
Earthlink theoretically does the same thing Cox does (disallows outgoing
smtp to anywhere but smtp.earthlink.net) but, for the roughly 6 months
I've been using them, that hasn't actually been enforced.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu