[TriLUG] DSL opinions

Tom Boucher trekkie at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 1 17:07:09 EDT 2003

So far my opinion of Sprint DSL here in Wake Forest isn't that hi.  On
a regular basis I have to web into the modem and 'power reset it' (vs
going into the garage and flicking the power switch) to get it to
re-connect.  Normally the modem says 'PPPoE Down' and no matter how I
try to re-initialize it, it just won't come back up.

Very annoying.

I also have this neat feature I need to figure out that has all my
connections fail/close then everything fine.  Kicks me out of DAOC a
lot in the evenings usually just at the wrong moment.