fyi [TriLUG] RE: IDE RAID

Gnu Man gnu_man at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 5 15:47:48 EDT 2003

I concur.  I recently purchased a 3ware 7000-2.  It supports ATA-133 and
two drives with either Raid 0 or Raid 1.  I use it for Raid 1 because I
like the fact if I lose a hard drive I don't have to spend a day setting
my system back the way it was.

It sounds like this may be what you are looking for i.e. a small Raid
configuration.  The 7000-2 supports two drives and has excellent Linux
support.  I paid $100 for it brand new.

Good luck