[TriLUG] vsftp on Redhat - no xinetd conf file

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 7 21:14:52 EDT 2003

True, but my clients don't want it running continuously.  After I saw
the daemon setup, I read the docs again just to be sure and they say to
use inetd or xinetd.

I guess what you are really saying is that RedHat thinks we should run
it as a stand-alone daemon... Then *why* is that better?

Jon Carnes