[TriLUG] traffic monitoring tools

STaylor at srspos.com STaylor at srspos.com
Tue Jul 8 16:24:05 EDT 2003

You want a sniffer.

There are lots of linux based apps or you can buy a hardware device that
records what's coming down the wire.

If your concerned about BW usage you may want to check your int's on the
firewall/router.

See which port is seeing the most traffic etc...

If you search on dogpile you should get lots of hits back for "sniffer"

HTH

Shawn

Shawn Taylor
Systech Retail Systems