[TriLUG] Question: Oracle on Linux?

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Wed Jul 9 14:34:38 EDT 2003

Brian,
 The TOC was summed up by Hardware, licensing, and support. In order to do
what we needed to do our hardware criteria are:

Windows - Intel (obviously)
Solaris - Sparc
Linux - Sparc and Intel

As for Unix, we're primarily a Solaris shop. This was a big leap of faith
and the Oracle cluster seems to be REAL happy with Red Hat.

HTH