[TriLUG] seeking case study participation

Maria Winslow maria.winslow at windows-linux.com
Thu Jul 10 12:38:13 EDT 2003

I am working on a book to guide technical managers through the process of
adopting open source software in their environments ("Open for Business:
Deploying Open Source in Mid-sized IT Environments"). Part of the book has
case studies of peers, with advice from the trenches. The intended audience
is technical managers, and the case studies should be with people in a
similar position. Does anyone on the list know of an organization that would
be interested in participating in this project? It would involve two or three
phone interviews over the next couple of months. If so, will you please
contact me? I will also be at the meeting tonight, if you want to chat in
person.

On another note, are there any books about open source software that you wish
someone would write?

Thanks,
Maria

--
Maria Winslow
maria.winslow at windows-linux.com
919.968.7802

Open Source Migrations
www.windows-linux.com

Open Source Migrations conducts feasibility/ROI studies, performs open source
deployments, data and application conversions, and supports open source
alternatives for mid-size organizations.