[TriLUG] OT: Linux/UNIX book recommendations needed

David R. Matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Thu Jul 10 15:39:16 EDT 2003

Greg --

all of the texts mentioned so far are EXCELLENT.  here are a few other
good ones.  one may be particularly good for your friend (i haven't
read it, but have heard good things from Windows admins).

Linux for Windows Administrators
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/akir24qw24/sm/0782141196

if you go for ESA (incredible book), make sure it is the 3rd Edition
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/akir24zp71/sm/0596003439

easy-to-read purple book:
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/akir24pxd0/sm/0130206016

UNIX Shells by Example, 3rd Ed.
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/akir24h1rm/sm/013066538X

and my newest personal fave: Unix Power Tools, 3rd Ed.
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/akir24of0n/sm/0596003307

hope some of these help.  they have certainly helped me...