[TriLUG] Bootup/Power Problem FIXED!!

Jturena at aol.com Jturena at aol.com
Sun Jul 13 16:44:01 EDT 2003

Folks;

 I got my power/bootup problem fixed.

 It was the powerbox-cables-to-motherboard connection that had come loose.
 Actually, it was a faulty connection to begin with, I came to find out.
 The plastic male socket did not go into female socket well--- it was very!
hard to push in all the way--- and had been left only hanging on by friction--
it never had been seated all the way in. (if it had, it would have taken a
bomb to make it come apart). So, when the computer slid off of my front seat in
the road "mishap", that was all it took for the connection to become loose.
 I fixed that by taking out the motherboard enough to manually force the
socket together.
 It booted up fine after that.
 Sorry about the "false" alarm. But I am not familiar with computers enough
to know the difference between a hardware problem and an operating system
problem--
 but I am learning.
 Jim U.