[TriLUG] OT: WiFi Cantennas and more

Neil Little nllittle at vnet.net
Tue Jul 15 16:49:19 EDT 2003

Ian,

Making the cantenna isnt really too hard. You just have to learn to
solder, be able to follow instructions and have a tape measure. To the
novice Making up an N connector may be a little tricky but there is no
great skill needed for constructing one of these antennas.

For materials like the connectors youre lucky that the Cary Midsummer
Swapfest is  this Saturday. There will be vendors there where you can
buy all the connectors and coaxial cable you want.

http://www.qsl.net/n4nc/swapfest.html

If you miss that there is a good place to get the LMR400 (a low-loss
type of coaxial cable) you will need. The place is called Comark
Distributing Inc and the guy who runs the business name is Larry. He
usually will has good prices. Its located off of HWY 401 South near
Garner, 829 Purser Drive. Telephone is 919-779-2708. He doesnt carry the
belden cable so it will be an equivalent type of cable equal to the
Times microwave type of cable.

Neil

--

        73!