[TriLUG] Penguin Computing Servers & Clustering

Ken VanDine ken at bizrace.com
Fri Jul 18 14:09:29 EDT 2003

I am interested :-)

We are in the process of replacing our "home brewed" cluster with some heavier
weight hardware.  Looking closely at the IBM Blade Center, very nice hardware.
There is also a "Open Source Like" (as close to open as IBM gets) management
application called xCAT, we are also evaluating that.  We are using Sun Grid
engine for our queueing system, and I doubt that would change.

Anyone else interested?  I would love to hear more about what people are doing
in this space.

--Ken

Quoting Jay Barrett <j.barrett at attglobal.net>:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Do you mind me asking what software you are using to manage your cluster
> and
> if it is all going to be in one location.  I have started doing some
> research into grids and clusters and would be interested in hearing how you
> make out.
>
> At one time there was a small amount of interest in clusters at Trilug
> didn't know if anyone still has any interest or not.
>
> Regards,
> Jay
>
> TGIF

Ken VanDine