[TriLUG] Fw: Re: Re: [rtpnet-tact] Status: Time for Linux, perhaps Lindows or Mandrake ?

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Mon Jul 21 11:17:36 EDT 2003

> My question for you Mark, is why would anyone think of paying money for
> older software that won't be supported after the end of the year (and is
> questionably supported now) as opposed to getting newer, and in a lot of
> cases better quality, community supported software for only the cost of
> training or hiring someone to manage the system?
>
> Joseph

just as a follow-up to joseph's excellent post, i offer consulting,
installation, training, and maintenance services for organizations that use
or are considering linux.  if you'd like more concrete information or an
analysis specific to your organization, please let me know.  i love helping
people convert to open source software!

jason