[TriLUG] The stuff for the surplus sale (TFATSS inventory)

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Jul 28 22:53:21 EDT 2003

Okay, here are the items that TriLUG will have at TFATSS on Thursday.
We'll be trying to get reasonable values for these off eBay.  Please
keep in mind that we have listed everything we know about the items we
have.  Some of this stuff we were just unable to test.  Some of it draws
250V, and we just didn't have the capability.

Also, as Jeremy mentioned, all these are being sold as-is.  Even if it
says 'powers up', we make no promises that the item will power up when
you get it home.  None.  Nada.  Zilch.

That said, please join us this Thursday!  There's some good stuff in
here!  Plenty for everyone to find something interesting.

Thanks!
Mike

PS Cash and check accepted.  Any returned checks will be charged a $25
collection fee.  Please don't do that, there's a lot of unused computing
power in this stack. ;)

* Two Hewlett-Packard K-Class servers
	(see http://www.nasi.com/hp_KClass.htm)
	HP9000 K460:
		2x180MHz CPUs
		4GB RAM
		1x2GB, 3x4GB HDD
		1x10Mbps, 2x10/100Mbps ethernet
		CDROM, DAT drives
		No OS license
		Powers up just fine
	HP9000 K400B:
		2x160MHz CPUs
		512MB RAM
		2x2GB HDD
		1x10Mbps, 2x10/100Mbps ethernet
		No OS license
		Powers up just fine

* Two Hewlett-Packard Visualize workstations
	HP9000 C180:
		1x180MHz CPU
		512MB RAM
		1x2GB HDD
		1x10Mbps ethernet
	HP9000 C160:
		1x160MHz CPU
		512MB RAM
		1x2GB HDD
		1x10Mbps ethernet
	One of these has a bad power supply, we'll try and narrow that
	down before the auction.

* ??? Hewlett-Packard 7xx series systems
	Don't have stats for these -- there's about six of 'em

* Four Sun(ish) workstations
	Sun Ultra 1:
		1x143MHz CPU
		256MB RAM
		1x2GB HDD
		1x10Mbps ethernet
		No OS
		Powers up just fine
	Sun UltraEnterprise2:
		2x167MHz CPUs
		640MB RAM
		2x2GB HDD
		1x10/100Mbps ethernet
		No OS
		Powers up just fine
	Sun SparcStation20:
		1x50MHz CPU (SM51)
		128MB RAM
		1x2GB HDD
		1x10Mbps ethernet
		No OS
		Powers up just fine
	Tatung Ultra1:
		1x167MHz CPU
		512MB RAM
		2x4GB HDD
		1x(unknown) ethernet
		No OS
		Powers up, but gives 'check termination error'

* Sun rack/mass storage unit with many many hard drives
	Sun Mass Storage rack
	1xRSM2000
	3xDrive trays
	17x9GB HDDs (Fijitsu M2949ESP -- 7200RPM)
	2xBlank drive sleds
	1xAC->DC rectifier
	1xPDU (2x220V plugs/cables)
	Plenty of SCSI cables

* Sun accessories -- keyboards, tape drives, external drives, mechanical mice
	5xSun Type 6 keyboards
	4xSun Type 5 keyboards
	?xSun mechanical (type?) mice
	1xEmpty 411 Case
	1xCDROM in 411 Case
	1xQIC-150 tape drive in 411 Case

* Four IBM RISC System6000/250 machines
	All appear to have RAM and HDD
	Untested
	Only two have keys

* DEC AlphaStation 600, model 5/266
	Untested
	3x?GB SCSI HDDs
	1xCDROM
	1x4mm DAT drive
	1x10Mbps ethernet
	1xPCI video
	1xWindows Sound System card (heh)
	Powers up, goes through SCSI check, sounds like it tries to boot
	Would not sync with our test monitor
	8xRAM chips of unknown size with room for -loads- more

* APC Matrix UPSes and large quantity of batteries
	2xMatrix 5000
	1xMatrix 3000
	1xSartCell XR
	12xSmartCell (yes, twelve)
	1xSmartUPS 3000 (Rack mount)
	1xSmartUPS 900 (likely needs new battery)
	1xSmartUPS 2000XLPE (requires external battery, not SmartCells!)

* Several Toshiba laptops
	2xTecra 730XCDT
		P150MMX
		48MB RAM
		2GB HDD
		External floppy
		CDROM doesn't always close on one
	1xSatellite Pro 410CDT
		P75
		40MB RAM
		1GB HDD (bad)
		No floppy, no power cable

* Cabletron MMAC Plus switch (over 50 10/100 ports)
	2x9H422-12 100base-T modules with 12 ports
	2x9H422-12 100base-T modules with 11 ports
	1x9H532-18 100base-T module with 16 ports (+2 odd module ports)
	4x9E423-36 10base-T modules, require strange adapter cable
	2xPower supplies, require high current (still 110v)
	Several open slots
	Powers up just fine, passes all diags

* 19" Stell rack frame
	This is a two post frame

* Various other accessories and equipment
	1xDEC DLT drive (20GB) and one DLT-IV tape
	1xParity Systems PS7000 drive array
		Multiple external busses
		8x5GB SCSI HDDs

--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak