[TriLUG] RPM and SRPM package updates for Aurora 1.0 and Red Hat 9

Magnus chrish at trilug.org
Thu Jul 31 02:59:54 EDT 2003

As RH tends to like being very, ummm, "conservative" about providing
upgraded packages for their OS (meaning nothing but bug fixes and
security patches make it into the updates in most cases) I'll be
sharing any packages I end up rolling for Red Hat Linux.

Right now I'm running Red Hat Linux 9 on one machine, so the packages
will be largely limited to that version unless something in my home
network should change.

Aurora Linux 1.0 is basically Red Hat 7.3 for sparc architecture.  They
are similarly conservative about updating packages.  I've got a Sun box
running Aurora and will also periodically be making packages for it.

I'd rather not spam the mailing lists so if this sounds like something
you'd be interested in, I'll announce new packages at the following URL:
http://trilug.org/~chrish/blog.php?wl_topic=4

For now I've uploaded GnuPG 1.2.2 packages (including SRPM, of course).

I use a different key for signing my packages.  It has been signed by
my primary key, and can be downloaded at:
http://trilug.org/~chrish/pphlogger/dlcount.php?id=chrish&url=/
packages/magnus-packagekey.asc

Once you've downloaded that key, you can import it into rpm with the
"--import" feature and verify the integrity of my packages with the
"-K" feature.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish