[TriLUG] Announcement: New NCSU Linux Users Group Forming

prhodes at vdsinc.com prhodes at vdsinc.com
Thu Jul 31 11:34:42 EDT 2003

> Sounds more like an "anti-group" than a pro-interest group.  You might
> want to work on your charter a little and make it more positive. "The
> enemy of my enemy" works fine for awhile, but unless you have some
> positive goals you are not going to grow or maintain membership.

I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from, Jon.  Sounds like he's
just trying to say (emphatically) that this is a group for people who just
want to *use* Linux, and not try to become uber-geeks, or get mired up
in some "Linux must take over the world" evangelism stuff, or sit around
spending hours debating Emacs vs. Vi vs. Pico, etc.

Personally I think he's onto something, and definitely think there is
room for a group like he's describing.  For the more advanced / geeky
crowd,
there will still be Tri-LUG and the existing NCSU LUG... but for the
casual types, I think a group like he's describing would be a huge boon.
TTYL,

Phil