[TriLUG] RPM and SRPM package updates for Aurora 1.0 and Red Hat 9

Ken Wahl ken at kenwahl.org
Thu Jul 31 14:08:13 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:20:12AM -0400, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> Did you try rebuilding from source RPM?  That's not necessarily going to
> be quick for Mozilla though.  I have been using the binary packages,
> however (from a few weeks back, mozilla-1.4-11) and it works fine for
> me.

No I didn't try rebuilding them (lazy).  But I was using the rawhide
mozilla-1.4-12 packages and Mozilla crashed a lot.  It never took
anything else out but I could be reading a plain HTML page and it would
just close.

I've reinstalled the mozilla-1.4 rpms from Mozilla that are actually for
Red Hat 8 and the crashing has ceased.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.4/contributed/Red_Hat_8x_RPMS/gtk2/RPMS/i386/

Thanks.
--