[TriLUG] Announcement: New NCSU Linux Users Group Forming

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Thu Jul 31 16:38:32 EDT 2003

Ilan - go for it! I think this is an awesome idea! People really need a safe
place to ask questions or get training on some of the very basics about
Linux.

I agree with Jon though - instead of focusing on what the group is not -
focus on what the group should be - could be - will be. It would be really
good for instance to set some ground rules (not part of the charter
necessarily) saying it doesn't matter what people have used before, or what
they're using now - the group should be a safe place for them to learn about
Linux applications, not being criticized for what they use now. You may not
want to exclude anything such as command line use, because as the user
learns and feels comfortable in Linux, they may very well be ok then using
the command line to do certain things that are better done at the command
line.

If you'd like some help writing up some initial newbie friendly
announcements or whatever, let me know. I'd be glad to help or look over
stuff for you. It sounds like a really great group to start organizing and I
wish you the best of luck!
Lisa B.