[TriLUG] Announcement: New NCSU Linux Users Group Forming

Ilan Volow listboy at clarux.com
Fri Aug 1 11:29:16 EDT 2003

[enable tact chip]

First of all, I want to say I appreciate the positive responses I've
received so far about my idea of NOSUL, both on the list and off in
private e-mails.

Some important issues were brought up by all these different responses
that, in a day or two, I'll address in one big generalized e-mail that
deals with those issues. I think that in addition to addressing these
issues that were brought up, I will also need to explain in the e-mail
I'm writing the background where I'm coming from, as well as explain
why many of the things I say and believe and do regarding linux in a
desktop environment contradict with one another (contradicting to the
point where it's hard to tell whether I'm promoting linux on the
desktop or condemning it). I want to be as clear and as honest as
possible about things, so I don't mislead any one into anything or have
the things I say and do be  misinterpreted in any way. To do this will
require I spend more time writing my response than I usually do.

So the answers are: no, I haven't been hit by a bus, and yes, I am
still following the discussion.

In the next several days I'll be setting up a mailing list, and from
then on any discussion of NOSUL activities can take place there.

--Ilan