[TriLUG] argument list too long

Steven Hilton mshiltonj at libertystorm.com
Tue Aug 5 10:33:20 EDT 2003

I've had to grep through directories like that.
My quick way to do it is:

[big_dir]$ grep blah *
argument list too long
[big_dir]$ cd ..
[up_dir]$ grep -r blah big_dir

but xargs is prolly preferrable. maybe I should change my habit.

--
Steven Hilton <mshiltonj at mshiltonj.com>
<http://mshiltonj.com/>

    "It is the duty