[TriLUG] SCO Conference Call

Gnu Man gnu_man at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 5 16:38:08 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 14:51, J. "Spydir Web" Powers wrote:
> and there's no way we can start a "show the code or show the lawyer
> fees" movement is there?

SCO claimed that they can't show the code because that would violate
their contracts.

> Personally I can't figure out how they'll hunt down every linux
> user....

IANAL, but I imagine if they won this battle in court, they would have
the power to force the Linux companies to give them their customer lists
and force their customers to pay.

> plus from what I read on slashdot it was just the commerical
> users?  Whatever that means....

SCO claims that IBM and Redhat have forced them to go after the "end
users" as SCO called them.

Their plan is to offer a Licensing Scheme and sue everyone that doesn't
purchase a license for a kernel 2.4 or later version of Linux.